International Baccalaureate Middle Years, (MY) Programme support and tuition
'The MY Programme is a challenging framework that encourages students to make practical connections between their studies and the real world.'
(Taken from the IBO website).
The MY, Middle Years programme is a five-year programme of secondary education for 11 to 16 year olds. Students who complete the MY programme are well-prepared to undertake the IB Diploma Programme (DP), Career-related Programme (CP) or even the UK Curriculum A, Level course.
The MY Programme curriculum
The MY Programme curriculum framework consists of eight subject groups, providing a broad yet balanced educational curriculum for secondary/high school students between the ages of 11 to 16 years old.
The MYP requires at least 50 hours of teaching time for each subject group, in each year of the programme. In the final two years of the programme, carefully-defined subject group flexibility allows students to meet local requirements and personal learning goals.
The 8 subject groups:
- Language acquisition: The study of an additional language
- Language and literature: English as a first language covering - Listening, reading, writing, viewing & presenting
- Individuals and societies: Humanities & Social Science
- Sciences: Traditional sciences and also additional courses such as Earth Science and Sports Science
- Arts: Practical as well as understanding art in culture
- Physical and health education.
- Design: all aspects of practical design and understanding design and its effects in the world