ETL - The Professional's Choice
At ETL with offer English development and training for non-native English speaking airline cabin crew and pre-flight staff who wish to improve their English language abilities. The ESP Aviation & In-flight Services programme is open to cabin crew with little to no English language experience and also to those who are interested in developing what they already know. The ESP programme covers: English speaking, listening, reading and writing in a cabin crew setting. We also have a flight crew programme aimed at developing English speaking and listening covering all aspects of commercial and logistical flight. The programme also addresses specific English writing and reading needs relating to aviation and communications within the aviation industry.
The ESP Aviation & In-flight Services programme follows two pathways. Both pathways focus on certain areas and professions in the passenger based civil aviation industry.
Pathway 1. Aviation, which is an ideal pathway for flight crew and Air Traffic Controllers who want to improve their English communication skills within industry specific areas. This pathways is also perfect for those who want to develop their English abilities to meet and comply with the International Civil Aviation Organization’s (ICAO) language proficiency requirements.
The ESP Aviation pathway 1 focuses on building sector specific vocabulary, aviation industry based English skills, such as reading, writing, speaking and listening and cross-cultural awareness related to the flight-crew sector and its practices. Topics include:
- Time duration and Schedules
- Cargo, materials and fire
- Cabin crew
Pathway 2. In-flight Services. This is an ideal pathway for in-flight cabin crew who want to improve their English communication skills within in-flight passenger services. Pathways 2 is also perfect for those who want to develop their English abilities to meet and comply with International Civil Aviation Organization’s (ICAO) language proficiency requirements.
The ESP In-flight Services pathway 2 focuses on building sector specific English vocabulary and English skills within the aviation cabin crew industry. English skills, such as reading, writing, speaking, listening and cross-cultural awareness relating to best customer service and safety practices are also covered.
This course is split into two routes: English Language & Communication for Passenger Safety and English Language & Communication for Passenger Services and Comfort. Topics include:
- Language / Communication for Passenger Safety
- confirming safety and emergency checklists
- confirming the locations and amounts of emergency equipment
- discussing weather conditions
- ensuring those sitting in emergency exit rows are willing and able to assist in an emergency
- doing a safety demonstration or monitoring passengers as they watch a safety video
- Language / Communication for Passenger Service and Comfort
- assuring and applying the safety and security regulations on board
- caring for international guests on board
- preparing the aircraft cabin
- organising the workflow in the galley
- conducting the meal and beverage service
- carrying out the on-board sale
- dealing with passenger requests
We focus on your ESP needs
We know our teaching strengths, stick to our values and develop our skills. Most Importantly, we stay focused on delivering the very best ESP training for the Global classroom.
We are proud of our work and reputation
We development, deliver and monitor our English for Specific Purpose Accounting programme to a global community. We aim to be the best and we aim to always be relevant and accountable.
We would love to hear from you
Welcome to wherever you want to be!